ATTENTION: In order to serve the transacting public better during this Covid-19 pandemic, the Consulate is implementing an appointment system. Please click here for details.


 Question 1: 

 Ako po ay nagbyahe ng Turkey para magpakasal sa fiancée ko na Turkish. Pumasok po ako ng Turkey on a tourist visa. Pwede ba akong ma-issue-han ng Konsulado ng Pilipinas dito sa Istanbul ng Certificate of Singleness na isusumite ko sa Turkish Marriage Office dito sa Turkey para ako kay maikasal? Ang dala dala ko pong documents ay ang aking Birth Certificate (BC) at Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) na galing ng Philippine Statistical Authority or PSA. 

 Question No. 2: 

 Ako po ay residente sa Turkey at gusto kong magpakasal sa nobyo kong Turkish (o ibang lahi). Ano po ang kakailanganin kong mga papeles? 


 Certificate of Singleness or Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (LCCM) 

 The Turkish municipal marriage hall will require you to submit documents that you are eligible to marry a foreign national under Turkish laws. One of the common requirements is to show proof that you are single. Even though an applicant will present his/her Birth Certificate and Certificate of No Marriage from the Philippine Statistical Authority (in English language), most Turkish municipal marriage offices will require the applicant to present a Certificate of Singleness, in Turkish language, from the applicant’s local consulate office. 

 The Philippine Consulate General can issue a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (LCCM) or Certificate of Singleness upon submission of the following documents: 


(For the Filipino applicant )

  • Personal appearance during the application
  • LCCM Application form 
  • Original DFA-Apostillized PSA Birth Certificate and photocopy
  • Valid Passport and photocopy


  • Original DFA-Apostillized PSA Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) issued within the past six (6) months and photocopy
  • For applicants who are 18-20 yrs old- Affidavit of Consent from the parents. If parents are in PH, affidavit must be notarized and apostillized by DFA.
  • For 21-25 yrs old, Advice from the parents. If parents are in PH, affidavit should be notarized and apostillized by DFA.


  • DFA-Apostillized PSA Marriage Certificate or Report of Marriage with annotation on Annulment/Recognition of Foreign Decree on Divorce
  • DFA-Apostillized Court Order and Finality


  • DFA-Apostillized PSA Marriage Certificate or Report of Marriage 
  • DFA-Apostillized PSA Death Certificate of deceased spouse
  • Death Certificate of foreign spouse with English translation

 (For the Fiance)

  •  Personal appearance during the application
  • Valid Passport or ID and security clearance (no criminal record) 

 Fee: 25USD (only US dollars is allowed)

 How long does the process of securing an LCCM take? 

     There is a two (2) day processing time. Should you wish for the service to be released within the day, after 3 hours, you have to pay an expedite fee of USD10 per document. 

Is there a photocopier in the Consulate to photocopy my documents? 

     There are no photocopying services in the PCG Istanbul. Bring at least two copies of each document. 

 Apostille Convention

 Both the Philippines and Turkey are Apostille Convention Member countries ( All documents from both countries attach Apostille Certificates or Apostille stamps from their apostille-implementing authorities. The Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila is the apostille-implementing authority of the Philippines. 

Since the Apostille Convention entered into force for the Philippines in May 2019, all Philippine Embassies and Consulates have been prohibited from authenticating documents emanating from the Philippines such as birth certificates, CENOMAR, school records, etc. Embassies and Consulates are also not authorized to issue an Apostille. All documents from the Philippines have to be apostilled by the DFA in Manila. Please see the following link below: